Complications in Knee and Shoulder Surgery: Management and Treatment Options for the Sports Medicine Orthopedist Meislin, Robert J.; Halbrecht, Jeffrey (Editors) 2009, XIV. Chapter 12 Avoiding and Managing Complications of Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair p225-244 Dr John Trantalis and Ian K. Y. Lo MD
- Medial Rotator Cuff Failure After Arthroscopic Double-Row Rotator Cuff Repair; John N. Trantalis, Richard S. Boorman, Kristie Pletsch, Ian K.Y. Lo Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery, June 2008 (Vol. 24, Issue 6, Pages 727-731)
- Superior labral anterior-posterior (SLAP) tears: recent advances and outcomes; Trantalis J.N, Lo I.K.Y. Current Orthopaedic Practice, September 2008 (Vol 19 – Issue 5 – p 530-534.
- Osteoid Osteoma in a Young Child: Successful Non-Operative Management. Leicester.A.W, Trantalis.J.N: ANZ J.of Surgery 491-493, 71, 2001
- The Use of a Rertrograde Femoral Nail in a Patient with McCune-Albright Syndrome. Garvan J.D, Trantalis J.N. Sutherland Hospital. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 73(12):1065-7, 2003 Dec.
- Arthroscopic repair of massive, contracted, immobile tears using interval slides: clinical and MRI structural follow-up. Knee Surg Sport Tr A 2013, Berdusco R, Trantalis JN, Nelson AA, Sohmer S, More KD, Wong B, Boorman RS, Lo IKY
Trantalis, John N., Stephen Sohmer, Kristie D. More, Atiba A. Nelson, Ben Wong, Corinne H. Dyke, Gail M. Thornton, Richard S. Boorman, and Ian KY Lo. "Arthroscopic repair of type II SLAP lesions: Clinical and anatomic follow-up." International Journal of Shoulder Surgery 9, no. 3 (2015): 74.
Presentations at Scientific Meetings
- Arthroscopic Repair of Massive “Irreparable” Tears of the Rotator Cuff Using Double Interval Slides: Clinical And Magnetic Resonance Imaging Results: John N. Trantalis, Ian K.Y. Lo, Richard S. Boorman, Stephen Sohmer, Tom Woods, Kristie D. Pletsch, Ben Wong; Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery June 2008 (Vol. 24, Issue 6, Pages e23-e24). Presented at the AANA Meeting 2008, and The Australian Shoulder and Elbow Society Meeting 2008.
- Arthroscopic Repair of Type II SLAP Lesions: Clinical and Magnetic Resonance Imaging Arthrogram Follow-up.John N. Trantalis, Ian K.Y. Lo, Richard S. Boorman, Stephen Sohmer, Kristie D. Pletsch, Tom Woods Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery June 2008 (Vol. 24, Issue 6, Page e7). Presented at the AANA Meeting 2008 and the COA Meeting 2008.
- Health Care in the Solomon Islands: Presentation at Orthopaedic Outreach Seminar. Combined AOA & NZOA National Meeting, October 2006.
- Revision of Resection Arthroplasty to Total Hip Arthroplasty. Trantalis J.N, Bruce W.J.M, Goldberg.J, Walsh.B.Presented by J Trantalis at AOA & NZOA National Meeting, Queenstown 2001.
- Total Hip Arthroplasty utilizing Metal-on-Metal Bearings. Turnbull A, Trantalis J.N. Presented by J Trantalis at AOA & NZOA National Meeting, Queenstown 2001.
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction With Autogenous Four Strand Hamstring Without Detachment Of The Tibial Insertion. Trantalis J.N, Fox J, Brighton R. Westmead Hospital.Presented by J Trantalis at NSW AOA State Meeting, New Childrens’ Hosp, 2002.
- Version of the Acetabulum in the Lateral Position: A Radiological Study: Brighton R, Trantalis JN, Boyle R. Westmead Hospital. Presented at NSW State Orthopaedic Meeting, 2003.
- Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis of Distal Tibial Fractures. Jansen S, Stackpool G, Trantalis J. Presented at the Australian Orthopaedic Registrar’s Conference, Queensland, 2004.
Current Research Projects
- A Multicentre Blinded Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Tenotomy versus Tenodesis of the Long Head of Biceps (LHB) Tendon in Patients having Rotator Cuff Repair. Trantalis J, Jones H, Sher D, Harper W, Cass B, Cardillo N (awarded the AM Taylor Scholarship in Orthopaedic Surgery 2009 for this study).
- Hill-Sachs Lesions and Shoulder Stability: A Biomechanical Study. Trantalis J.N., Burkhart S.S, Lo I.K.Y
- Shoulder Instability in the Professional Rugby League Player: Incidence and Optimal Management
- Throwers Fracture in Dodgeball.
Presentations to Physiotherapists
- Feb 2007 Applied Anatomy and Surgical Approaches to Hip Trauma.
- May 2007 Anatomy and Surgical Approaches to the Elbow.
- November 2009 Massive Rotator Cuff Tears. UNSW